Have you ever considered organizing a neighbourhood Spring Clean in your own estate?
A neighbourhood/street/area Spring Clean is a fun way to meet your neighbours. And introduces Douglas residents to Douglas Tidy Town volunteers.
It also allows Douglas Tidy Towns to mobilize residents to clean up residential areas around Douglas Village that we would never get to.
And it’s easy:
- Pick a Saturday morning in April or May that suits you.
- Register your neighborhood/street/area Spring Clean with An Taisce via the website http://www.nationalspringclean.org/
- An Taisce post you a box of gloves and Spring Clean bags to give to your neighbours on the day. (Free Garden Gloves are always popular!)
- Douglas Tidy Towns have 2 sandwich board signs (as on the picture below) which you place at the entrance to your estate to let your neighbours know about the Spring Clean.
- Douglas Tidy Towns volunteers will be there on the day, and help organize the litter pickers.
We guarantee you will be presently surprised by how many of your neighbours & kids come out to help and glad you made the effort.
Any question? Just get in touch with us: http://douglastidytowns.ie/contact-us/